1. Go to “The Rocky Horror Show” (chicagorocky.com). DUH.
2. Wear something you wouldn’t normally wear.
3. Eat at least one piece of candy without feeling bad about it.
4. Ask one person if they’ve ever seen a ghost.
5. Tell someone on the East Coast that you’re thinking of them.
6. Drink a pumpkin beer if you’re of age, spiced apple cider if you’re not or you don’t drink.
7. Try to remember what it was like when you were eight years old, looking through the catalogue at all the costume choices, and feeling in your bones the tingle of magic that the turning of the leaves enabled.
8. Look out for ghosts. They might not seem all that ghostly for this one day.
9. Take a moment to realize that you’re not always going to be around.
10. Try to enjoy being alive today.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN, EVERYONE!